What Information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. The only personal information we collect that is used to identify you is information you give voluntarily.
How do we use your Personal Information?
- to establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you;
- to understand your needs as a Customer and your eligibility for products and services;
- to recommend particular products, services and opportunities to its Customers;
- to provide information to you about developments and new products;
- to develop, enhance and market products and service and/or provide products and services to its Customers;
- to process billing and collection of the fees for the SchoolWorx products and services you have purchased;
- to deliver its products and/or services to its Customers; and
- to provide ongoing service; for example, when you ask for a product or service, we may contact you upon expiry of the offer to determine if you would like to continue.
Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We contract with third-party service providers in order to operate our business, including our Site. Those service providers may need access to your information to perform pertinent services for us. We undertake to provide only that portion of your information needed to perform the pertinent service, and we require that all of our service providers hold your information in confidence and use it only to provide the service for which they have been engaged.
We do not provide your information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you.
How do you know your Information is Secure?
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site so you can feel comfortable and secure. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration or that your information may not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting personal information.
What are “Cookies”?
Most Internet sites collect data about visitors through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small software programs that help sites recognize repeat visitors by assigning a random number to each desktop for tracking content preferences and traffic patterns. Cookies may be used to “connect” your computer to information stored in a separate location. Our Site may use browser cookies to track user behavior. Through cookies we may also alert you to new issues that we think might be of interest to you when you return to our Site; record past activity at our Site in order to provide you better service when you return to our Site; or, customize Webpage content based on your browser type or other information that you send us.
Keep Information Accurate
We do our best to keep your personal information accurate and complete. The extent to which personal information will be accurate is dependent on you informing us of any changes to certain information such as name and address.
Providing You Access to Your Information
We will provide you access to your personal information and the opportunity to amend information as required. In some cases, we may not be able to provide all of the personal information we hold if, for example, the information contains references to other individuals’ personal information.
- You may ask us not to contact you by telephone, mail or email for marketing purposes.
- You may also limit the information that is shared by SchoolWorx for marketing purposes.
- You can make your privacy choices by emailing: email@example.com.
- You may access and update your personal information any time. Simply contact us.
How to Contact Us
To learn more about our privacy policies, contact us at:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Note: For your protection, please do not send sensitive financial or personal information by email.
- By phone: (403) 801-7726
- By mail:
SchoolWorx – Privacy Concerns
106 Citadel Estates Hts. NW
Calgary, Alberta T3G5E6